With the symptom checker you can check your health complaints at all times and anywhere. You gain immediate insight in possible causes of your complaint, advice on whether you should go to your GP and an impression of the urgency. The symptom checker was developed by the company ‘Ada Health’. Look here if you wish to know more about Ada Health.
If necessary, you can immediately make an appointment with the GP through the Quin-app for a fitting consultation. The results of the symptom checker will be shared with the GP before your appointment, so the GP is better prepared for your consultation.
Please note: The symptom checker provides information on possible causes for your health complaint, but never replaces your GP. The assessment by your GP will always be leading. Look here if you wish to know more about this.
Please note: In case of doubt or urgency, call your GP immediately and in case of an emergency, call 112.
Proceed as follows:
- Open the Quin app and log in with your access code.
- Select ‘Check my health complaint’ on the main page of the app and select ‘Start the questions’.
- Indicate once-only whether you agree with the general terms and conditions of Ada and whether you consent to sharing your personal health information, which you entered in your medical profile in the Quin app, with Ada. This is necessary to come to reliable medical advice. Tick both boxes if you agree and select ‘Continue’.
- The symptom checker will first ask you some general questions about your health. For each question you will have several options. Answer these questions.
- The symptom checker is now ready to assess your specific health complaint. Select ‘start the symptom checker’ to begin.
- The symptom checker will first ask you about the complaint that bothers you the most. Provide a brief description of your complaint.
- The symptom checker will now present a number of options. Select the complaint that you feel fits best.
- Answer the questions about this complaint.
- The symptom checker will now ask if you have more complaints. If so, provide a brief description again, select a complaint and answer the corresponding questions.
- Have you entered all your complaints? Then select ‘OK’ to continue.
- Answer the question of the symptom checker about your complaint(s).
- Did you answer all questions? The symptom checker will then make a report with an overview of the possible causes of your complaint(s). Select ‘continue’ and subsequently ‘Show the report’.
- You will now see a list of one or more possible causes of your complaint. For each possible cause, you will find additional information, for example such as:
• Advice on whether you should go to the GP or that you will be able to treat it yourself.
• How often this cause occurs among people with the same complaints.
• Under ‘Read More’ you will find a more extensive description of the cause.
- Read all information carefully and choose the cause you feel fits best with the complaint(s) you experience. Select ‘Give advice’ for advice about the further steps that are best for you to take.
You will now receive advice about whether to consult the GP, and if so, within which time frame you should make an appointment. You can plan an appointment here. The results of the symptom checker will be shared with the GP before your appointment, so the GP will be better prepared for your consultation.
Tips for filling in the symptom checker:
- If you do not understand a question as well as you would like to or if you wish to have things explained to you a bit more before answering, then select ‘What does this mean?’ You will then receive some more explanation, possibly with some clarifying photographs.
- After selecting an answer, you will automatically be directed to the next question. You can always return to change your answer. Select ‘Previous’ at the top left of your screen to do so.
- You cannot pause the symptom checker to continue at a later time. Keep into account that checking a health complaint may take about 10 minutes.
- If you wish to close the symptom checker and return to the main screen of the Quin app, click on the cross at the top right of the screen. Please note: your answers will not be saved.