The symptom checker was developed by medical company Ada Health. The symptom checker has over 12 million users worldwide and has already assessed over 26 million health complaints.
Please note: The symptom checker provides information on possible causes for your health complaint. So it does not replace your GP. The assessment by your GP will always be leading. Look here if you wish to know more about this.
Some facts about the reliability of the symptom checker:
- The symptom checker was developed by a team of highly experienced physicians from different fields of expertise and from over 20 different countries.
- The assessment of your complaint is based on studies, guidelines, medical texts, expert opinions and takes your personal information into account (such as your age and gender) and the information you stored in your medical profile.
- To guarantee the highest level of accuracy, safety and completeness, a medical team of over 60 physicians is constantly working to keep the content of the symptom checker up-to-date and improve it.
- The symptom checker is registered as a class I medical device, meaning it complies with strict guidelines.
- Research from 2020 proved that Ada covered 99% of the examined symptoms, provided safe or overly safe advice in 97% of the cases and that compared to other researched symptom checkers, it is the most accurate1.
- Gilbert, S. et al. (2020). How accurate are digital symptom assessment apps for suggesting conditions and urgency advice? A clinical vignettes comparison to GPs. BMJ Open, 10 (12), e040269. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjopen-2020-040269